Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laminate Floors From Expo Floors

Posted by kenwindancer (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 16:03

Hello, does anyone have any experiences with laminate floors from Expo Floors (www.expofloors.com). They're a fairly new company, maybe about five years old. They seem to be very reasonably priced at around $1.50 to $2.00 per sq foot for the 12mm types. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laminate Floors From Expo Floors

I am also on the verge of purchasing laminate from Expo Flooring! Did you finally purchase yours and are you happy with the product?

o

In the name of God, DO NOT BUY LAMINATE FLOORING. I don't care what you read here, it cannot be cleaned without leaving a film that you must crawl on your hands and knees with a towel to buff up. Otherwise it looks likes you sprayed Pam on the cleaned surface. Linoleum...you can at least care for that with good results

o

Oh yes, a final thought...when I use the cleaners recommended by my flooring manufacturer, after the "cleaned" areas is dry. I can play tic-tac-toe in the area by drawing on it with my finger..the dogs leave foot tracks in it...I can draw unhappy faces, and these are all easily photographed. Why isn't the film problem discussed with you when you buy the flooring? That is a very good question.

o

In reply to Allenel1948, the film you mention, do you mean the Expo Floors brand or laminates in general? What did you get? I believe the darker tones of laminates are infamous for the visible film and dust.

o

I purchased flooring from Expo Floors that I discovered was clearly not first quality. Their thirty year warranty does not cover warped or squeaky floors (in very fine print). The people who run Expo Floors have absolutely no regard for their customers. Buy at your own risk, though they are really not worth the risk. Buy to better quality material from a reputable US company and you will sleep better and live longer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here