Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heatherkb6

Castle Combe wood flooring

HeatherKB6
11 years ago

I was curious to see if any of you have or are going to have any flooring from the Castle Combe line. We are going for the rustic, wide-plank look in our new construction and love the look of their products, but are interested to know about the quality and upkeep. We were also quoted about $12/sq. foot. Is that on the really high end? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (25)

• gregmills_gw
    11 years ago

12 per sq is about right. Its not the most expensive yet its not the cheapest.
    Quality is decent. With any pre finish your going to have a few bad boards here and there just make sure you keep an eye out.

Upkeep: all wood floors can require a lot or alittle. Depends on how your cleaning ocd is. Darker the floor the more dust you will see right after cleaning.

All wood floors should be lightly cleaned once a week ( with warm water and a liitle vinegar or a light commerical product) and dust mopped as needed.

Youre never gonna be able to get rid of dust. Thats the biggest complaint out there.

• donnahyp
    11 years ago

Hi HeatherKB6, did you end up using the Castle Combe floors? We are replacing old random width engineered flooring and are strongly considering this product. I think it's gorgeous. It looks like reclaimed wood from a barn or...castle. :) Would love to hear what you decided to use.

• sheila1219
    10 years ago

Donnahyp, Heatherkb6, wondering if you both went with the Castle Come? I ordered our flooring yesterday. We choose the Bristol. We bought the Castle Combe at $7.89 a sq ft
    We shopped for the best price, went back an forth with two different floor companies, till one beat out the other.
    FYI manufactures instructions require after installation the workers oil the wood before they leave. It's required! If not your floor won't last. We called the manufacture themselves.
    Ill keep you posted.

• cdpettiette
    10 years ago

@sheila1219 wondering if you are please with your flooring so far. Did you use it in a kitchen by chance?

• ppmcnulty
    9 years ago

Hey Sheila 1219. How are you liking your floors? And what company did you get such a good price from? Thanks,

Patrick

• PRO
    Webfoot Painting Co
    8 years ago

Any more comments on this feed? Considering them myself, thanks!

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    8 years ago

Does it still exist? I don't see much info on it. It's interesting for sure.

• C T
    7 years ago
    1. I just had my flooring delivered. Castle Combe West End Collection, Whitehall color (Euro White Oak). Flooring does NOT look like the pictures on USFloors.com website. I completely understand that no two boards ever will look identical, but I bought this based on the "whole floor" picture as well as close up pics. What arrived is pretty, but not the finer/premium boards I was led to believe I was getting from the sample and pictures. They are pretty knotty and the appearance is far more rustic than expected. More importantly, they have a very "whitewashed" appearance when looking down on them. In fact, boards in front of the sliding door look washed out and very light already. The quality of boards is very realistic since some of the knots are actually indented, but be assured you might not get what you think you ordered. Same true of many floors though. Haven't called USFloors to see what I can do. Oil finish... maybe some hope. Didn't realize they were made in China either!
  • m_gabriel
    7 years ago

Thank you for sharing your experience, lakegastonrealtor.

• Brianna Taylor
    6 years ago

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if anyone else has installed Castle Combe Grande? We're looking into it and curious as to quality and how people like it once they have it.

• Anna Guanzon
    5 years ago
    Know this is an old thread as well - just curious about opinions of those with Castle Combe floors. How they’ve held up? Etc. Am looking at Fitzrovia and Mayfair.
  • Natasha Tessier
    5 years ago

I love the Fitzrovia too!!!! Hearing good things so far. Have looked at palldio plank, duchateau etc

• Anna Guanzon
    5 years ago
    Anyone have photos of Fitzrovia or Mayfair installed? Would love to see. Thx.
  • Natasha Tessier
    5 years ago

me too!!!!! I also love duchateu but a lot more expensive

• twilcox3
    4 years ago

We have them and they're ok. They have destroyed numerous socks and hosiery. My son had to get his toenail removed due to a splinter...he was baby, crawling at the time. They're beautiful, but you may get a splinter or two. Use caution!

• Mary Kwasniewski
    3 years ago

We are considering Castle Combe for our new construction. Just my husband and I in the household and no dogs.. can anyone comment on what regular maintenance might look like? Is the WOCA natural soap the preferred cleaner? Weekly? How often would one have to re-oil?

• Kylie Anderson
    3 years ago

We are considering putting Castle Combe Artisans collection in our farmhouse remodel. Either Elizabeth st. or Boulevard. I just found this thread and saw the lady that talked about getting splinters...does anybody else have an experience like that? The Urban Artisans line seems pretty smooth...maybe the one she has was one of the more rustic ones with actual knots...otherwise I am rethinking my choice as I dont want to have to worry about getting splinters walking inside my house! Also...I didnt see anything about it having to be oiled right away??? If I do go with Castle Combe I will post pictures and give my experience here.

• Mary Kwasniewski
    3 years ago

Hi- We just had Castle Combe Naturals put down in our new construction. The wide planks are stunning. We haven’t moved in yet so I can’t comment on splinters but they seemed ok to me so far walking around with socks. We don’t have kids so no crawling expected... You should confirm the oil based finish I thought all lines Castle Combe floors were oil finished - It is what gives them their unique look and charm. I can’t comment on extra oiling needed yet but I will check back in when we move in over the next 30 days. So far we are just prepared with the WOCA natural soap for a good mopping to clear up all the construction dust. Good luck.

• Kylie Anderson
    3 years ago

What color and line of castle combe did you put in your new construction? We are looking at the urban artisans collection at either Elizabeth St. or Prince Ave. I am curious to see if the quality of the floor has to do with which line of castle combe you go with! So glad you love them!

• Mary Kwasniewski
    3 years ago

We selected the Castle Combe Originals Malmesbury- Here is a photo.

• Kylie Anderson
    3 years ago

They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

• stars2723
    3 years ago

We had Castle Comb floors installed in 2016 and they are terrific. We love them. I have pets and 3 small kids and no complaints. I use the Woca.

• Somer Langham
    2 years ago

I have had castle comb in my home for over 10 years! It is such a beautiful floor that has held up so well I am jumping through hoops to get 1000 square feet of any kind still left out there. I have never oiled them,

just sweep and vacuum. I have never got a splinter (strange comment) I also don't have children picking at my floors either. I have a 100 lb pit bull that zoomies all of them and have maybe one hairline scratch.

• User
    last year

I have CC Beckton and have a huge problem with splintering! Had to have multiple boards cut out and replaced.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths