Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using reducers and stair nose with Novalis vinyl

Posted by terrydenise (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 08 at 15:20

I have four rooms that have porcelain tile and will join with the vinyl planks so I need to install reducers at the doorways so there won't be a square edge showing the difference in height of the two floor coverings.
Does anyone have experience with these reducers matching the Novalis vinyl so that it doesn't stand out too much.
I also need to apply a stair nose at the step into my sunken living room. All of these are wood and made to match wood flooring in thickness and color. This may be a problem with this flooring that no one has discovered yet. If you have encountered this , please let me know how you handled it so maybe I will get it right and be satisfied with this floor when I'm done.

Here is a link that might be useful: reducer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using reducers and stair nose with Novalis vinyl

I am in the process of going through this myself. I actually just bought regular unfinished oak reducers and some minwax stain that matched the Novalis. I have the golden oak novalis and ended up mixing minwax gunstock and colonial maple to get the right color. It's not perfect, but pretty darn close!!

o
RE: Using reducers and stair nose with Novalis vinyl

Thanks again citymomof3.
The guy at Lowes said they only have gray rubber stair nose with ridges and I said "No thanks, thats not what I'm looking for." Thats the type that is used for commercial applications, not residential unless it's for a basement that isn't used for a living space.
I never thought I would dislike a sunken living room until now and it's too late for that so I will be searching for ideas in every home improvement store I can find.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here