Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bad Carpet install in a new house- Can feel the seams!

Posted by conshek (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 12 at 14:52

We just bought a new construction house and moved in. It appears as if the carpet installer did an awful job. The upstairs carpet is an upgraded flat carpet with a small design in it (light color carpet). We didn't pick it out so I don't know the brand or anything else. The problem is that you can not only see the seams but you can FEEL them when you walk barefoot (which we always are). I have never experienced is . It's very rough and feels like they used a bunch of glue there and something else they should not have done. It's driving me crazy. Anyone experienced this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bad Carpet install in a new house- Can feel the seams!

Is the carpet a berber? We put two different types of berber in our home when we built. The type on the main floor didn't show seams and blended great. The type in the basement showed the seams and created a slight hump. I was told it's just the difference in berber. Perhaps it's the same with your carpet. Ours has been in 16 years now. Both carpets look just the same as the day they were installed, but I can still see the seams on the basement carpet. I've learned to live with it. Not sure how you want to proceed.

o
RE: Bad Carpet install in a new house- Can feel the seams!

Could be numerous things. And not absolutely positively a situation where something was done incorrectly, but I believe there is a good chance that it is an installation issue. A couple of things to know. Fuzzy or loop carpet. Is it over cushion or directly glued down. I can explain to you what to do to exactly determine the problem once I know the type of carpet and method of installation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here