Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Have AMENDOIM Hardwood?

Posted by alaskanshamrock (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 14:48

I have been going back and forth on what type of hardwood flooring to use. I am now thinking of a light colored flooring and Amendoim is starting to grow on me.

If you have this flooring or know of anyone who does and can give me some feedback, I would appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Have AMENDOIM Hardwood?

BR 111 has it

o

I have also considered this flooring. I thought it was quite pretty and was intrigued by the "glow or shine" it seems to have. I'm not sure how to describe it but it is different than most wood floors I have seen.
I do not know of anyone with it though, so I can't be of help there.

o

kge9 has Amendoim and it's beautiful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amendoim pics

o

We are putting the same thing in our house but it is not laid yet.

o

We put BR-111 Amendoim in our house about a year ago and just love it. There's enough variation in color for it to be interesting without being too busy. I find it blends nicely with my dark (cherry, mahogany) but isn't too "matchy."

o

Our BR-111 solid 5/16" arrived a couple weeks ago; it's just not installed yet. We'll probably start to install next week and I'll surely get some pics. I think I'm going to love it! Here's a pic from when I was "playing" with it. Also let me know if you want a great deal on it--I can send you to my source in CA. It was drop-shipped and arrived in days!

Here is a link that might be useful: Amendoim

o

Wow Wear_your_baby (I wore mine 12 years ago :-) That photo is gorgeous. I hadnt really considered Amendoim because I thought I wanted something darker. Perhaps I should re-think this. DH wants something with grain and I think he would like this. We are on a slab and therefor need Engineered. We are in CA though does your source sell the BR-111 Engineered?

I look forward to all your photos! You must be very excited. :-)

o

Just saw the post. My engineered BR111 Amendoim floor is in a year now and I love it. I don't think the color changed - if it did it isn't noticeable. I love the variation in the grain and it hides the dust and dings (not too many) from my kids dropping things. Laurie 2008 posted a link to my pics. (Thanks Laurie) I don't know if the price is good but I believe you can get BR111 direct now.

o

Thanks, Jeri! I AM very excited. It's taking all my strength to let it acclimate rather than go in there and start putting it down now!

I worked with David at this store:
http://www.qualityflooring4less.com/

I bet he just loved me, because I kept shopping and shopping online and every time I found it cheaper, he'd lower his price to work with me and keep my business. So they really do mean it that they'll beat/match other prices. My flooring arrived very quickly, shipped direct from BR-111. So my advice is to find the one you want, then search online every few days b/c the prices change all the time. It's also cheaper if you can have it shipped to a business location; we shipped to my husband's work then borrowed a truck to transport it. We're penny-pinchers.

Good luck to you! I'll def. be back to post more pics!

o

We finally had our installed. I am really loving it. The color variations are beautiful.

From From the Ground Up

From From the Ground Up

o

Littlewomen, your floors are just beautiful! This was one of my choices but since I could not see this floor in person to see how many knots it would have, I ordered the Brazilian Cherry floors that are also pretty. I know I would have been happy also with the Amendoim since I like color and grain variation. Thanks for sharing.

o

Littlewomen, is this engineered or hardwood? Looks great by the way.

o

alaskanshamrock - it is engineered.

Thank you!

o

I had 2200 sq ft of solid Amendoim installed 5 years ago. I DON'T love it. If I had to do it again I would have gone with a darker, richer wood. In bright light the grain and color variances really bother me, and I especially hate it in my hallways where there are no furnishings to cover up the variance.

o

Lainey04, were you looking for a more consistent color overall? I have heard that the dark colored floors really show the dirt and scratches; I think that is why some people like the variations, to hide some of that. I like hearing the opinion of those who actually own a particular flooring, so if you can expound it would be great.

o

littlewomen- Your flooring looks fantastic!! Amendoim has always been one of my favorites : )

o

hello
please contact us at BR111 and we would be glad to help you finding the best Amendoim floors.
www.br111.com
1800-5252711
http://www.br111.com/hardwoodfloors/pc/showsearchresults.asp?keyword=pfame&submit.x=0&submit.y=0
Thanks!

o

alaskan,

The reason I don't care for my amendoim is really all of the variation. I had alot of samples of it before I purchased it, but NONE of them showed the HUGE variation in the coloring and the weird swirling in some of the pieces. It makes me dizzy in my hallway just looking at it.

I was so picky when it was being laid down that we actually had to order more of it because I had rejected so many boards. Some were almost white and some were almost black. I will say that in the 5 years I have had it, it has darkened a shade and mellowed a little, but I am still replacing large portions of it with tile.

At the time, the only manufacturers that had it were BR-111 and WFI. I went with WFI because they had the width I wanted in a solid.

o
re: Anyone have AMENDIOM hardwood?

I'm not sure of any of you are still following this thread, but I was wondering, wear_your_baby, littlewomen, and kge9, if you are still happy with your amendoim floors? We are getting ready to order it (using BR-111 engineered). For some reason the price has gone down considerably within the last few weeks, which although I am thrilled, is also making me a little nervous! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :o)

o

hennypenny ... I'm also interested in this flooring. I haven't checked the price recently and was wondering if you'd tell me the latest price you've seen and the thickness of the flooring you're looking at? Thanks!

o

Hi beaniebakes - Pricing is all over the map. I prefer going through a local retail store versus buying on the internet, just to feel safer about warranties, condition of materials, etc. My lowest retail quote for BR-111 engineered amendoim so far has been $5.96/sq.ft for 5" width (1/2" thickness)for the material only. On line, however, I've seen it as low as $3.37 sq ft (for 3" width).

I am a bit concerned, because I have been reading that BR-111 is not covering the warranties for their floors? Some sort of lawsuit occurred between one of their manufacturers (IndusParquet)? This big decrease in pricing does make me a wonder if there is a problem with this particular line . . . from $9 to $3+ is a substantial drop. Unfortunately, the store I am dealing with isn't very forthcoming with why this is happening. I've also asked a few of the on-line customer service flooring reps about this, and no one I've talked to seems to know, either. Maybe I'm being overly cautious about this . . .

o

Pennies ... thanks for the info. I'm interested in the 3" width, 1/2 inch thick, and I've seen it for a little over $5. The least expensive is only 5/16" thick. If the big decrease you've noticed is at a local retail store, maybe they're trying to be more competitive with online pricing. I hadn't noticed such a large decrease online.

o

My floor was installed in July 2009 and I have not experienced any problems. My floor was glued down on concrete since our den was an add on by previous owners, that is why we went with engineered. When I was looking, BR111 had 2 types of engineered flooring, but I can't recall the names. We went with the thicker/more expensive one. I am still happy :)

o

Thank you, kg9. Glad to hear you are happy with your floors. Feel so fortunate to have found this site . . . everyone is really kind and helpful.

o

Couldn't agree with you more. I use many areas on this home site. Good luck with your decision.

o

We installed the BR-111 Amendoim a year ago and we absolutely LOVE it. We haven't had any problems with it at all and it's very easy to clean.

o

If I could only remember how to post photos here, I would. I'll try to figure it out. In the meantime, I am very pleased with the floors. They take a lot of abuse from our family. There are some scratches and nicks, but I'd imagine that any organic surface would get that. I love the variation. Installation was so fun. It was like putting together a puzzle. I loved to see it come together. We installed with a stapler over Advantech subfloor; it was the BR-111 5/16" solid. I'll try to figure out the photo thing.

o
Photos of BR-111 Amendoim

P8260010

PC050075

o

Wear_your_baby, I just love your floors. I like the BR-111 brand which is what my Brazilian Cherry Floors are, I love the different grains and color variation of your floors.

What width are your solid 5/16" floor?

o

wear_your_baby - beautiful flooring and gorgeous home!
What color paint is on the walls around your front door/entryway? Is it the same color that's around your fireplace?

o

Hi ~ I am new to this forum ~ I consider it extremely helpful!! After much looking at several diff types of engineered wood species, we are seriously considering the BR-111 AMENDOIM 3" engineered flooring, which I believe will work well with our furnishings becuz of the variations the wood has w/out being too dark. We will be covering 1400 sq ft. Sincerely appreciate all the comments and pics ~ it really helps!!

o

wear_your_baby - your floors look great!

Maryanne5755 - good luck with your decision. Post pics when done.

o

I live in San Jose, California and also am interested in Amendoim flooring but am hesitant buying it online. Does anyone know where in N.California has it? I'd rather buy in person plus- time is an issue.
Please help-
I love this forum!

o

Amendiom wood finished with an oil based finish will appear to have different highlights as the lighting changes (chatoyant). Both pictures are of site finished floors. The first with a water borne finish (not the stairs) and the second with an oil finish

Amendoim
Amendiom
All the Amendoim that I have seen have a lot of color variation. It is also sometimes sold as viraro.

o

Hi! What a helpful forum! We are putting down about 1000 sq ft of hardwood in the next month or so and we are considering Amendoim. I was wondering if anyone on here with Amendoim flooring has pets? We have a 60lb Bassett Hound and I'm worried that she will scratch up the floors. We also have 2 small children. We were going to go with a more distressed finish to hide any scratches/dents but we do love the variations in this flooring as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here