Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karoloke_gw

Looks like wood but is a vinyl tongue and groove floating floor.

karoloke
16 years ago

My neighbor put down a floor that looks and feels surprisingly like real wood but is actually a floating vinyl. She put it in her foyer over existing badly scratched up wood. I think it's a new product at Home Depot called Allure. It is not stick down vinyl like I've seen at Lowes. - It is floating and put together in long tongue and groove planks that have adhesive on the tongue and groove edges. It looks and feels quite real. In fact I saw a wood looking floor at Ethan Allen that even the designer thought was real, but it was something like this. It is waterproof so could even go in a bathroom and it costs $1.69 per square foot at HD.

I'm considering putting it over existing ugly pink bathroom floor tile and could do it myself for probably under $100. If I have it tiled, it would be much more expensive and a mess to get old tile out. Just wondered if anyone knows much about it, or has used it, and how you think it would be for resale. Does it seem cheap, or should I just do tile? I'm also thinking about using it in my kitchen.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comments (3)