Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks like wood but is a vinyl tongue and groove floating floor.

Posted by karoloke (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 07 at 13:57

My neighbor put down a floor that looks and feels surprisingly like real wood but is actually a floating vinyl. She put it in her foyer over existing badly scratched up wood. I think it's a new product at Home Depot called Allure. It is not stick down vinyl like I've seen at Lowes. - It is floating and put together in long tongue and groove planks that have adhesive on the tongue and groove edges. It looks and feels quite real. In fact I saw a wood looking floor at Ethan Allen that even the designer thought was real, but it was something like this. It is waterproof so could even go in a bathroom and it costs $1.69 per square foot at HD.

I'm considering putting it over existing ugly pink bathroom floor tile and could do it myself for probably under $100. If I have it tiled, it would be much more expensive and a mess to get old tile out. Just wondered if anyone knows much about it, or has used it, and how you think it would be for resale. Does it seem cheap, or should I just do tile? I'm also thinking about using it in my kitchen.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks like wood but is a vinyl tongue and groove floating flo

Do a search on this forum for "Allure". There are several posts and some links to longer discussions on other forums.

I believe it's made by Metroflor who sells it under the Konecto brand. I'm hoping to use the Metroflor version in my basement when I get that far.

Here is a link that might be useful: Konecto Video

o

Thanks, clg. I'm wondering if other flooring stores sell Konecto or if you have to get it online. I'll have to call around locally and see.

o

Went to a local flooring store today...they sell Konecto...but the guy told me it's back ordered for quite some time. I need it for a basement closet that we are turning into a laundry room. The sales guy at the flooring store (hereafter referred to as "Mr. Floorstore") sent me to HD for Trafficmaster Allure vinyl planks. Mr. Floorstore had seen it there...and he's convinced it's the same product as Konecto's mid-grade product, rebranded. I hope so, as I found the instructions on Konecto's site much easier to follow than the instructions on the boxes from HD.

At some point I'm going to re-floor our entire finished basement, and you'd BEST believe Mr. Floorstore is going to get my business.

melanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here