Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimfear

Casabella, Chelsea, and Somerset Hardwood Floors

jimfear
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I recently returned from a local flooring store with a few samples and wanted to get the forum's thoughts on quality.

One floor that we especially like is the Casabella Asian Walnut in Champagne finish. We love the look of this floor, but aren't able to find much online about them. I did, however, find two posts where people seemed disappointed. One consumer had quickly gotten bad scratches on the floors and another was dissatisfied with the gaps between the planks. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

Another sample we have is the Chelsea Plank Flooring Black River Hickory. This is a great looking floor, but it has some pretty distinct character imperfections/holes that I'm not sure I'm crazy about. We have heard good things about their quality, but the price is also higher than the others. Does anyone have any thoughts about this brand?

The last sample that we have is Somerset Flooring's Specialty Hickory. This floor looks like it could be nice, but is a drastically different color than what we typically gravitate toward. I'm interested in the group's thoughts on this brand as well.

The prices that we have for these are as follows:

Casabella Asian Walnut - $6.67/sqft (4 3/4" planks)
Chelsea Black River Hickory - $7.69/sqft (4" planks)
Somerset Specialty Hickory - $7.04/sqft (4" planks)

Any thoughts on this pricing is also appreciated. Thank you for the help!

This post was edited by jimfear on Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 13:38

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!