Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Matte hardwood floors?

Posted by sdpac (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 13:25

Hello all!

I'm a hardwood newbie who's planning to replace about 1000 feet of vinyl and carpet in my home with engineered hardwood. I'm leaning toward oak and the salesperson I'm dealing with has suggested white oak site-finished with WOCA oil finish. However, the WOCA would give a totally matte finish and I'm just not sure how it will look - I'm used to shiny (or at least slightly shiny) wood floors! And it's hard to make such a big decision based on a small sample of wood.

Would anyone be willing to share photos of their matte wood floors (any type of wood)? Do you like them? Would you recommend them, etc? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Matte hardwood floors?

The trend is going towards more matte finish on wider plan. I am a big fan of Woca oiled floorings. But we deal with the factory finish oil floors only. Here are a Woca oil finished floor. Sorry it only allows me to post one picture at a time. I can do more in the future posts.

o

FWIW, I have been experimenting with Rubio, Woca and Osmo on some sold planks of black walnut.

I would not consider the Woca to be completely matte. It definitely has some luster to it, especially compared to the Rubio, which is considerably flatter.

o

Bumping this up. Thanks to the above posters!

o

We did a satin finish on our walnut. Note the stairs are semi-gloss dark-stained oak.

photo 100_0349.jpg

photo 100_0347.jpg

o

weedyacres, your floor and stairs look beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here