Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best frieze for the buck

Posted by gmp3 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 12:21

I am replacing about 180 sq yards of carpet in my new house. I will be doing the upstairs and basement and have to stay under 20/yd installed due to a few other unforseen issues with the house. We don't wear shoes or eat upstairs. I prefer Frieze in multicolors. Any suggestions?

A carpet sales person suggested Shw Northport Village, but it is polyester.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best frieze for the buck

Staying under 20/yd is that installed with cushion? Walkabout is a nylon Frieze that will be a little over 20 yard that is multi color. In a nylon ( which i agree with)You are really limited in todays world. There is a brand new Nylon texture from Shaw called Dreamin that is big big big value. It is a textured plush though! 15 year warranty.. Nice finish with r2x in an evertouch nylon ...12 and 15 wide ..you should be able to buy for around 20 /yd installed and it is really nice. A nylon Frieze makes it tough to be under 20 bucks. Stay away from the POLY if you can. Tommorrow if I can remember...i can make a couple of notes and post more choices for you to take to your Shaw retailer. We have an Anso Pod..that is big value and priced under 3 sq ft carpet only..but it is great value and all Nylon. I have an evertouch POD that I want to look at. This dreamin product is as nice as it gets for the money...The rep may not sell it to the stores in your region though, If he even knows about it. I get to see stuff as it's introduced. I can get you a style number for it but it's called Dreamin and the roll price I buy it at would get you under 20 if the store wants your business. I would be at 19.73 installed with a 7/16 6 LB at a slightly reduced margin. A frieze though will be about impossible. Walkabout is a little more money and not as nice in my opinion. Good Luck.

o

Thanks floortech I appreciate your help.

o

FYI, I ended up with Mohawk Stylish Nature for about $20.50/yd intalled with 1/2" 8lb pd. It seems pretty nice. Goes in next week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here