Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Parquet out?

Posted by xand83 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 12:07

It's getting time to re-floor the back of the house. It will only be for 2 bedrooms & a hallway, about 450 sq ft, in a 1k sq ft basement condo. Carpet was back there originally (and was gross) so we installed some temporary resilient vinyl planks last year with some heavy duty glue.

The front part of the house is 9x9 Bruce parquet, that is in great shape. I'm not sure it can still be found now as all I can find is this 6x6 parquet variety. Question is: Is parquet still a good choice? We've enjoyed the stuff in the living/dining rooms, but would it be looked at with disdain by others? I think I might like it checkered like this sample:

parquet again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Parquet out?

Your floor looks like the old Heritage Wood Block, which is not being made anymore. do a google search and you may find someone with some left-over inventory.
Good Luck

(ps: I love parquet flooring)

o

Hey you can ceheck here for parquet in BIH.

Here is a link that might be useful: Parketi BiH

o

o

Thanks for the help everyone. We ended up going with the Novalis vinyl planks in the golden oak color. They are looking great so far and our un-even subfloor is taking them much easier than any hardwood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here