Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cork Tile Conundrum

Posted by lolli (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 11:51

Hi everyone, I am looking for leads and information cork flooring products and a good cork tile producer.

Our house is concrete slab on grade and we currently have floating cork floor planks throughout the first floor. We really like the look and feel of cork, but we've been unhappy with the durability of the current product. It is easily damaged past the veneer, and the seams are very much prone to being raised due to moisture.

To address these issues, we want to replace the floating floor with glue down cork tiles. I've researched the glue down cork tiles and have come across several different brands, styles and thicknesses. We want the thicker grade (commercial grade?) 5/16" and want the color to be consistent throughout �" no more veneer! We figure that with this kind of flooring, we’ll still have the look and feel of cork, but damage will be less noticeable and we can replace individual tiles as needed without pulling up the whole floor.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of flooring? Like/Love/Hate it? Alternative cork products? And most importantly, does anyone have a good source for this kind of product?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cork Tile Conundrum

What are you doing to address the moisture issue? That should be your first step.

o
RE: Cork Tile Conundrum

I should clarify that the moisture is coming from the top due to aging pets and young children - not from the slab underneath the floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here