Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
opamp

Build Direct reviews 2013

opamp
10 years ago

Hi

I parsed through this forum and have seen more negative reviews of BuildDirect.com . The only positive reviews I have seen is on their website.
Has anyone had any updated experience with Build Direct in 2011-2013. I'm looking to purchase engineered wood.

Is their Vanier line better than Jasper?

Comments (2)

• orangele
    10 years ago

DO NOT BUY FROM BUILDDIRECT. I wrote of my experience after buying 2,000 sq ft of their Vanier Cosmopolitan engineered flooring. It widely delaminated. Their inspector made absolutely no conclusion of cause in his official report, but BuildDirect blamed my installer. I had a highly respected certified flooring inspector who also is certified an expert witness in Nevada for flooring issues, who determined unequivocally that the flooring was defective and said so in his written report. Unfortunately, BuildDirect is located in Vancouver, Canada. Further, when you purchase from them, their website Terms of Service, waives your right to take them small claims court, and requires you go to Canada, and arbitrate with an organization that BuildDirect supports, and chooses. Save yourself the headache, heartache and expense. Avoid this company. I ended up spending approximately $50000 for a job bid at approximately 17K. I had to pay to have the BuildDirect floor demolished, then repair and put down a new subfloor, then install new flooring. PS. BuildDirect stated that engineered flooring could not be installed in Las Vegas due to low humidity (Why did they sell, and ship to Las Vegas then?). Well I purchased another brand of engineered flooring of the exact same species (Santos Mahogany) from another manufacturer. Two years later, it is still beautiful with no delamination as occurred with the BuildDirect product.

• orangele
    10 years ago

DO NOT BUY FROM BUILDDIRECT. I wrote of my experience after buying 2,000 sq ft of their Vanier Cosmopolitan engineered flooring. It widely delaminated. Their inspector made absolutely no conclusion of cause in his official report, but BuildDirect blamed my installer. I had a highly respected certified flooring inspector who also is certified an expert witness in Nevada for flooring issues, who determined unequivocally that the flooring was defective and said so in his written report. Unfortunately, BuildDirect is located in Vancouver, Canada. Further, when you purchase from them, their website Terms of Service, waives your right to take them small claims court, and requires you go to Canada, and arbitrate with an organization that BuildDirect supports, and chooses. Save yourself the headache, heartache and expense. Avoid this company. I ended up spending approximately $50000 for a job bid at approximately 17K. I had to pay to have the BuildDirect floor demolished, then repair and put down a new subfloor, then install new flooring. PS. BuildDirect stated that engineered flooring could not be installed in Las Vegas due to low humidity (Why did they sell, and ship to Las Vegas then?). Well I purchased another brand of engineered flooring of the exact same species (Santos Mahogany) from another manufacturer. Two years later, it is still beautiful with no delamination as occurred with the BuildDirect product.