Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installing a carpet runner on stairs

Posted by annika_s (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 10:46

I have a worn-out carpet runner on my wooden staircase I'd like to replace. So the tackless strips are already there, and I hope to reuse them and just replace the padding and put a waterfall runner made out of plain carpet up the staircase. The current runner does not tack up underneath the tread on each step (there is a gap between the runner and the riser) but I'd like to make that change.

I am going to refinish the wood treads and repaint the risers and stringers myself. The installer will not have to go around any spindles. There are 14 total steps, 4 of which are pie-shaped and 1 is a not-quite-square landing.

What can I expect to pay for the labor/installation portion of this job (I'm in Milwaukee)? I'd like to get a ballpark idea for budget purposes, before actually calling a guy out for a formal estimate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installing a carpet runner on stairs

150 in northeast part of country

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here