Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raineygirl_gw

Allure vinyl - has anybody used this?

raineygirl
11 years ago

Someone recommended this to me. Just wondering if anybody has used it in their bathrooms or kitchens and if they like it. I'm considering using it for my bathrooms. I heard its easy to put down.

Comments (8)

• barbcollins
    11 years ago

Yes, I have.

Please see my recent posts here:
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/flooring/msg071923258843.html?6

We have used the Allure with the grip strips in 6 bathrooms now and 1 kitchen. I love it.

But I will never buy the Allure Ultra Clic again unless someone convinces we they fix it.

• raineygirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I went to Home Depot and saw the allure flooring and I was really impressed. I want to do 3 bathroom floors so I'm excited! My handyman will do it...not me;) He's the one that suggested it. I saw a color that I really loved, I think it was sedona? Anyway, it looks so real like ceramic tile. I can't wait to get it done. Thanks Barb for the past posts you made. I will mention to my guy if he has used the ultra clic or not. This will be very affordable since my bathrooms are on the small side except for one.

• barbcollins
    11 years ago

Some pics.

Here is a oak wood floor style. We also have this in our main floor sons bathroom. It has held up well

Here is a tile (I think it might be Sedona, but I can't remember). Yes it looks a lot like tile, but does not feel like it when you walk on it.

Allure "White" in our in-laws bathroom and our recent kitchen remodel. It is not white, it in grey like concrete.

>

And finally my latest installation last weekend. Ivory Travertine. Picture doesn't do it justification. It's beautiful.

• thirdkitchenremodel
    11 years ago

I put the grip strip Allure in my last house, hallway and kitchen, one of the darker colors, cherry something maybe?. Super easy to install, looked great. We lived with it in the hallway about a year and the ktchen 6 months so I'm not a long term user but I plan to use it again in my current kitchen and family room.

• buildinva
    10 years ago

This product has been a nightmare for us. The adhesive is failing and I now need to pay someone to remove it and install a different flooring. It was professionally installed and my contractor followed ALL instructions. This was for a basement, but it is sealed concrete, fully finished, climate controlled, low humidity. I would NOT recommend Allure Vinyl plank at all.

• dive505
    10 years ago

I'm thinking about using this allure flooring in my bathrooms. my question is it's supposed to be a floating floor i have new construction do i install my vanitys first then floor up to them? and what about my toilet do i lay the flooring up to the toilet flange then mount toilet on top and seal around the base of toilet or mount toilet first then lay flooring up to base and seal around toilet ?

• kirkhall
    10 years ago

For your vanities, you can do it either way--floor first or vanities first.
    For your toilet, take the flooring all the way to the flange. Then, put toilet on top.

• dive505
    10 years ago

i guess chulk around the base of the toilet to the floor or between the flange and the flooring whats best