Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lowjo1_gw

sanding and refinishing wood floors from water damage- round 2

lowjo1
12 years ago

We put on an addition 5 years ago. Oak floors throughout first floor. Last summer, the dishwasher hose exploded causing damage to the kitchen floor. We had to have the floor in the entire back of the house sanded down and refinished. Months later (can't remember exactly how long it took), the floor buckled again. We now have to have it refinished again. The refinisher said it must not have been dry enough the last time. I know he tested it with that tester that gives you a number for how dry the wood is before he refinished them last summer. I remember he said that the number was ok (a little on the higher side, but ok to do).

One year later and we want to try again. Note that this refinisher/installer comes highly recommended by several people we know. I am concerned, however, that the floors will buckle again. We did not run it thru insurance last time(big regret) because we had our siding replaced recently and were concerned about too many claims being submitted. So the sanding and refnishing is $1300 a pop.

What do you advise in this situation?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert