Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bella Cera Oak flooring? Anyone heard of it?

Posted by dalcolli (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 08 at 9:02

Has anybody heard of Bella Cera brand solid hardwood floors? My aunt and uncle put their floor in a couple months ago and it was exactly what we were looking for so last night we took a piece to their flooring store and they were able to match it as Bella Cera brand, Butterscotch stain. It was only $3.69 a sq ft.

The salesman also showed us another one by the same brand and was in love with the stuff (they had made a couple design boards of it). Both are 3/4 inch thick solid oak (they have both Red and White for same price), 3 1/4 inch wide planks, Gunstock stain. And, get this, they have the ones he showed us for $3 sq ft!!! It looks gorgeous and the salesman, who seemed very knowledgeable, was thrilled with it. The catch is that I have never heard of the brand and can not find any info on it at all. Naturally I am skeptical. As far as I can tell, it would probably be considered a character grade (quite a bit of variation, which we like, and higher amount of shorter boards, which we can live with). We plan to put solid hardwood on most the main floor (building new) so about 2000 sq ft.

Anyone?!?! TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bella Cera Oak flooring? Anyone heard of it?

dalcolli, did you end up using this flooring that sounds like it is reasonably priced since a few others are now asking about it?

o

No, we haven't actually broken ground on the house yet. I am still leery of it since I had no replies here and cannot find a thing about it online. We will be doing almost our entire main floor, so I'm not willing to just take a chance on it to save a few bucks. I found out about it in the first place because my aunt and uncle put it in their house a several months ago. I just saw it again this weekend and it looks pretty decent. Lots of color variation, which looks fine all together. I doubt we will use it as it has a lot of short boards and the red specks in some pieces. Maybe not enough to be a deal breaker for others, but I am looking for something more brown than red.

o

I've heard of Bella Cera hardwood flooring before. I am actually conducting my own search for new flooring and have seen it in several of the flooring stores where I live. From what I understand, it's distributed by a company called Sea Pac Sales out of Washington state. I've heard all good reports from the sales people I've spoken with, but I've been more interested in the engineered hardwood, rather than the solid. I notice that the same company (Bella Cera) also has a tile & stone series, formica, vinyl and a host of other types that are sold at any number of sites on the internet.

SeaPac's website below - I didn't find it very informative, however if you scroll to the bottom of the page, there seem to be a number of working links.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sea Pac's site

o

I have also heard of Bella Cera Hardwood Floors and highly recommend their product line. My wife and I just had our floors installed and we absolutely love it! For those that are interested here is a link to their home page http://www.bellacerafloors.com/ Between their true hand scraping, finish and their variable width selection we couldn't be happier!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bella Cera Hardwood Floors

o

We put this handscraped butterscotch down in our bedroom last fall. It is great! Easy to put down and we absolutely love it. We are in Ohio and Ohio Valley flooring seems to be the one to distribute here in the Northeast states. It is really priced nicely too!

o

Funny I just got their catalog in the mail. I ordered it before I found out they don't have a distributor in Washington State. But their floors are awesome. I think I found them by lurking here on the board.

Boxiebabe, that link doesn't work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here