Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dalcolli_gw

Bella Cera Oak flooring? Anyone heard of it?

dalcolli
15 years ago

Has anybody heard of Bella Cera brand solid hardwood floors? My aunt and uncle put their floor in a couple months ago and it was exactly what we were looking for so last night we took a piece to their flooring store and they were able to match it as Bella Cera brand, Butterscotch stain. It was only $3.69 a sq ft.

The salesman also showed us another one by the same brand and was in love with the stuff (they had made a couple design boards of it). Both are 3/4 inch thick solid oak (they have both Red and White for same price), 3 1/4 inch wide planks, Gunstock stain. And, get this, they have the ones he showed us for $3 sq ft!!! It looks gorgeous and the salesman, who seemed very knowledgeable, was thrilled with it. The catch is that I have never heard of the brand and can not find any info on it at all. Naturally I am skeptical. As far as I can tell, it would probably be considered a character grade (quite a bit of variation, which we like, and higher amount of shorter boards, which we can live with). We plan to put solid hardwood on most the main floor (building new) so about 2000 sq ft.

Anyone?!?! TIA!

Comments (121)

• annied75
    4 years ago

I agree with wacokid. Mine look like they did when installed. No issues whatsoever. Perhaps it's dependant on what line from Bella Cera was installed? Not sure.

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    4 years ago

"no wear, dents or scratches."

Congratulations!!! I have a feeling you are not overly obsessive like many new hardwood floor owners.

Pro Advice - Uptown Floors

Durable Appearances

It's not always about hardness. The video below explains what many do not realize and may never know until it's too late.

I've been meaning to add the benefits of distressed hardwoods.

• HU-162524100
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

It has been 1 year & 5 months since our Bela hardwood was installed. Heavy distressed. I was initially paranoid about it but now better. It has

character. Not a day goes by that I don’t smile when I see it. Waited many years for hardwood. very Pleased with this product!

• Aaron Evans
    4 years ago

@Uptown Floors I don’t think 2 very large splinters ending up in our feet and over 300 other splinters is being overly obsessed. Loved the look of the floor but the splinters and wear through was a serious issue especially for the cost. Glad others are having better luck. Have not had any issues with our current floor

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

My reference was not regarding splinters, but those that have expectations set far too high, especially with mass produced products. it's inevitable some substandard products fall through the cracks.

I can imagine your disappointment and hope you get a resolution.

• Aaron Evans
    4 years ago

@Uptown Floors thanks for the clarification. For us no real resolution from Bella Cera at all which is my warning here. Supposedly a hand crafted floor at very high prices At least for what we purchased And then no resolution at all from Bella Cera. Very poor customer service and no help at all. Replaced floor at our own cost after several months and extreme efforts from our builder to resolve. Just glad we went we a reputable brand as a replacement and have had no issues with it at all even with large dogs. Thanks.

• User
    4 years ago

Aaron, do you care to share which "reputable brand" you switched to that you are finding more suitable? Which line did you choose?

• veladrabek
    4 years ago

@AaronEvans yes, would you please share the name of the reputable company that you purchased your replacement floors from? We are in the same boat. We purchased floors from Southern Traditions, Mardi Gras engineered wooden floors and within 2 months they developed these large black spots and streaks. No foundation problems, no leaks , no flooding nothing. They and Bella Cera are sister companies owned by Struxtur, Inc. They have the worst uncaring customer service and that 50 year warranty is essentially worthless. If you read it, you will see it’s basically for their protection, not the customers. They are giving us the run around and now blaming the adhesive/ glue company. They are telling us we have to test the moisture content of the foundation and it’s an invasive process where they dig up my foundation about 1/2 way through. This is so wrong. They DO NOT stand by their products. They are trying to wear us down so they won’t have to make things right and reimburse us for these defective floors. It’s all a racket! Buyer beware!

• User
    4 years ago

@veladrabek, I am so sorry for all you are going through. What a nightmare! This is so discouraging to read about. We are in the process of a new build and Bella Cera is one of the flooring otions avaiable to us. I would really love to hear from @Aaron Evans for a recommendation for a decent product!

• alladd
    4 years ago

Does anyone have experience with the Bella Cera Monza collection? It's been asked here already but no one responded last year. Was hoping by now someone has installed it. Thanks.

• Carolina Quiros
    3 years ago

Hello Everyone, thank you for all your comments regarding Bella Cera flooring from what I gather it seems their is a mixed bag of experiences that seem to depend on the specific lines they carry.

I am interested is knowing if anyone has any experience especially longer term on the wear of the Villa Belize Collection - Butera stain. its the ultra-high definition French Oak. I am specifically interested in knowing if after installation there were issues with splitting/splinters and dents/water issues.

Thanks for your time and appreciate any feedback.

• emerybord
    3 years ago

@Carolyn Davis would you mind posting pics of your floors? You installed the exact color I have been thinking of doing for a while. Would love to know how it's holding up! Thanks!

• Crystal 13
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@aladd I am currently in the process of having Bella Cera's Monza line installed the color is Adrianna. It's gorgeous . I suree hope it holds up. We paid $4.24 sq ft for it. I will say it looked nothing like the sample at the store, and I looked at more than one stores flooring samples. Monza s a lot busier than the samples I looked at. I highly recommend buying a box and laying out the flooring to make sure its what you want. My flooring guy did an excellent job mixing up the patterns.

• M B
    3 years ago

Anyone have any experience with Bella Cera line Villa Belize - Licata Ultra High Definition French Oak.

• M B
    3 years ago

@Carolyn Davis do you mind sharing a picture of your Bella Cera Villa Belize Gela floor install. We are considering this flooring. Just curious of your experience with the flooring and would love to see a full room. Thank you.

• Jazmine Warren
    3 years ago

I’m considering the Bella Cera line Casa Mia. Either Castel or Fortezza. Has anyone installed either floor??

• msf80
    3 years ago

Hi! Did anyone end up installing Bella Cera Villa Belize- Licata color? Either way, company says that all of their engineered boards are now Valspar finish, vs Bona. I think this makes the wear and tear better? Thoughts anyone on how your Bella Cera floors are wearing?

• emerybord
    3 years ago

I was literally going to order this exact flooring today! Any feedback from anyone would be great!

• Sammy Smith
    3 years ago

@crystal13. I’m installing the same flooring in my new built as you. Bella Cera Adrianna. I loved the floor sample but seeing the picture you posted of it, I’m having second thoughts. It looks really busy. I’m hoping it’s the lighting and shadows. Do you have a picture of it during the daytime? Thank you.

• M B
    3 years ago

We installed Bella Cera Belize color Gela French Oak. We absolutely love it. I too was very skeptical because photos make it appear very busy. Our installer did a great job of laying the varied tones in a random pattern. The tones are gorgeous and blend much better in person. Extremely pleased.

• emerybord
    3 years ago

@M B mind sharing a few pictures? Also, did your installer give you any idea on how to clean it? It has almost an unfinished feel to it so I wasn’t sure how you would clean it besides sweeping.

• M B
    3 years ago

The installer provided me with a cleaning kit for hardwood floors by Shaw. Here are a few photos. The darker colors appear more intensified in the photo than in person.

• M B
    3 years ago

@emerybord the tones appear much darker in the photo. The distinct variations I would see in photos kept me from deciding for the longest time. The top close up picture gives you a better idea of the blend. I was leaning toward the Licata but decided on a little more warmth. I felt this color would be easier to camouflage any scratches that might occur thru the years. I finally realized that once furniture and rugs were down that variations looked more blended if that makes sense. Some boards do have a more distinct grain surface/feel but I have not noticed any difference in care. I use a microfiber mop and lightly spray Shaw cleaner for wood floors. I have also been rod bona for hardwood cleaner is good but I have not used it. I either use a microfiber broom, sweep or vacuum without beater bars prior to mopping. We put thick felt pads under all furniture legs. I was concerned about care but I have found it much easier than the porcelain tile we had down. Just watch for any drips or spills and wipe up immediately. We have only had it down for a short period but so far we have had no issues and love it. Hoping this will be our last flooring update!

• Sammy Smith
    3 years ago

@MB: your floors look great! That’s giving me hope. I’m putting the hardwood everywhere in my 4500 sqft house except bathrooms. So I was scared after seeing that picture of the floor posted. I’m hoping someone would post pictures from their Monza line.

• M B
    3 years ago

@Sammy Smith just keep in mind that photos do not show the true picture. Mine look much darker in photos. We ordered one box as a sample and tried to envision it everywhere - still hard to get a good concept. Best scenario would be to try to find someone local who installed the same color and look at it in person.

• 012468lm
    3 years ago

We installed 1500 square feet of Bella Cera Villa Bocelli Serrano flooring about 2 months ago. I read the reviews here in regards to scratches and splinters and Was apprehensive about installing this brand. We have no pets or kids but we do get a fair amount of traffic as we live on a ranch with lots of dust, mud and dirt. We have noticed the splintering on a couple of occasions but my husband simply removed the splinters and filled the small gaps with wood filler. We have a marker that fills in scratches so they can’t be noticed. If you have kids or pets be aware of what can happen. I would get it again because I absolutely love the look of the floor and couldn’t find anything else I liked as much that was in my price range. The sales rep who sold us this flooring did try and talk me in to something else as she said the finish on top isn’t near as durable as some others that they deal with.

• crystal lepchenske
    3 years ago

@sammy hey Sammy . Yeah I was a little taken back at some of the darker pieces. My flooring guy should have pulled them out but he did a good job on mixing up the color.I was really hoping for a more solid color. It’s still a pretty floor but it does have quite a bit of variation to it. I strongly suggest buying a box and laying it out before you make the leap. The samples at the store are A LOT different .

• crystal lepchenske
    3 years ago

@sammy I’ll send pics of it in the daylight if you like

• Sammy Smith
    3 years ago

@crystal: Yes, please! If you could post those floors in the daylight, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

• Debbie Murgia King
    3 years ago

Has anyone installed the color Bivio from the Monza collection? Also, where are you all getting the best prices on Bella Cera flooring?

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    3 years ago

These pictures have helped tremendously! Im having a hard time picking a engineered hardwood. The guy thats installing has only limited samples & the lumber/flooring stores dont have all colors or they are small & dont show the character you see online. Also I noticed the names of the colors are different in this feed than I see on the Bella Cera site.

Can anyone show more pictures of what they have installed for engineered hardwood by Bella Cera "Villa Borgese"?

Another on I looked at is Chesapeake "Wheat"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Spending $10K ($7-$7.59sft) I want to make the right choice!!!

• Sammy Smith
    2 years ago

I got the belle cera Adriana. It’s beautiful. Didn’t feel busy.

• M B
    2 years ago

Beautiful!!!

• amybiz829
    2 years ago

@Sammy Smith your floors are beautiful We are interested in the exact line and the stock photos look so much lighter! Are you able to post more picks?

Are they matte finish with a lot of texture?

Thank you!!

• Vanessa Brown
    2 years ago

Has anyone used Bella Cera Casa Mia in Castel?

• mlangdon1
    2 years ago

Hi! I ambinterested in the Villa Belize Gela color floors i feel a few people have used this can younlet me knownif there has been any problems and maybe show a picture?

• Debbie Murgia King
    2 years ago

We have Galgano in the Villa Borghese Collection and absolutely love them!!! They are so easy to keep clean & look fabulous.

• M B
    2 years ago

We installed the Villa Belize Gela a year ago. We absolutely love it. So easy to care for. The photos make it appear a little darker and busier than it appears in person.

• Gena Bonitatibus
    2 years ago

Any problems with grease stains on the Villa Borghese Galgano? Where did you order yours from?

• Debbie Murgia King
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

What kind if grease? We haven’t had any issues.

We ordered it from Parracca & Sons Flooring, north of Pitrsburgh.

• cathermans
    2 years ago

For those of you that have installed Bella Cera floors, are you happy with them?? Are the easy to care for? Do they scratch easily?

• crystal lepchenske
    2 years ago

I love mine. Super easy to care for . You cannot use water to clean so I just use Bona or Rejuvenate hardwood floor cleaner on them with a OXO microfiber mop. I have a dog, 3 cats and a 7 yr old no scratches as of yet. They are beautiful and great quality floors

• cathermans
    last year

Has anyone installed Bella Cera Bergamo in Sandcastle, Wash or Tawny? if so could you post pics?

• Cris Morrow
    last year

In the process of having Villa Borghese Brunella I stalked. We live near the beach. Hopefully the photo send successfully.

• Gena Bonitatibus
    last year

Any problems with Villa Borghese Galgano (Bella Cera)? I love the look of these floors. My builder is trying to talk me out of these and wants me to go with unfinished engineered French Oak. ?Best place to buy the Galgano?

• Debbie King
    last year

No. We actually just did another little remodel and they had to tie in several pieces of the flooring in a few spots. The contractor was really impressed with the flooring. We got ours at a local flooring store in Pittsburgh. It did take many months to get, but was worth the wait. Everyone that comes into our house comments on the gorgeous floors.

• sissabby7
    last year

My husband and I put Bella Cera Monza french oak flooring (color Adriana) in our home about a year before we decided to sell. We loved it because it was the only engineered flooring I could find that actually looks like authentic traditional wide plank solid hard wood. There's no sheen to give it away. In fact a RE agent who sees tons of homes asked if it was solid wood and our installer who does tons of floors said he wanted it for his home. We got lots of compliments. We love it so much that we plan to put it in our new home that we're currently building.

• HU-382658289
    10 months ago

Hi! we are looking at rhe bella cera tissino line, color is briscoe/tirso. has anyone used that one that could maybe share thoughts/pictures? we love the sample noard, but the one pic i can find online looks much lightee and i really want it a bit darker than the pic. we are hoping to order today so i know it is a longshot. thanks thanks!!

• HU-839903454
    2 months ago

Has anyone installed Bella Cera Ravello collection? If so, how is it holding up? We're getting ready to have this installed.

• sunarakaa
    19 days ago

@ Aaron Evans we are on the same boat and would like to know which brand did you go? Would you like to share some pics please?