Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raineygirl_gw

question about laminate flooring

raineygirl
11 years ago

Can you actually put down laminate over top of ceramic tile? If this is possible, it sure would be much better than having to take it up and deal with the dust and all. I want to put down laminate flooring throughout my living/dining area and hallway as well as the tiled sunroom. The sunroom's tile flows into the foyer and living room and surrounds the fireplace. While I need to keep some of the tile around the fireplace, I would like to have that opened look of the rooms instead of the chopped up look I have now. I live in an upstairs condo and was concerned about the noise it may bring vs. carpeting. Just about all of my neighbors who are replacing their floors are using laminate/hardwoods now. I just want to make the right decision:) My carpet is almost 20 yrs old and needs to go!! Plus, I have 2 cats and one is a senior and sometimes has accidents. Someone said that the laminate flooring can be sealed in the grooves to keep leakage from causing buckling up. Don't know how true that is..??

Any advice or opinions are welcomed!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!