Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jakzof3

Patterns for laying Tarkett LVT

Jakzof3
12 years ago

After much soul searching and months of looking and trying to decide what flooring was best for us we have chosen Tarkett PermaStone weathered beach

LVT. It is groutfit, easy to clean, looks like tile, warm to the feet and most of

all comfortable to the feet. My question is in regard to placement. Keep it simple or go to a brick pattern layout. I don't want it too busy but yet want some sort of variation. Also have any of you used the grouted or groutfit tiles? Have any of you used the new NAFCO Tarkett LVT?

Hubby and I have been very satisfied with the comfort of the tile as compared to all that we looked at such as dura ceramic etc. We did not want the maintenance of wood or hardness of ceramic. Our kitchen is a beautiful and an expensive remodel and we are hoping that this tile really looks great down....always a scary decision with such a huge spend.

Comments (2)

• Floortech
    12 years ago

A modular look or plain look is really customer preference. We sell and stock Permastone and I am extremely familiar with it. The only minor issue it has in my mind is that there is one corner on every single tile where the attached grout does not line up 100% perfectly with the next tile. It is slightly noticeable and 1 out of 10 customer complain about it. If you grout it with their grout or Duraceramic grout which is approved by Nafco, it is not there and looks more realistic. But the product wears well, is fairly realistic, contains a fair share of vinyl compared to Congo's which makes it more pliable...less chance of chipping or slicing. A real nice product that unjust-fully loses in my store too often to Duraceramic. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.

• Jakzof3
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks...for the input. I would have gone with duraceramic but really could
    not find the color that we both liked. Also after testing a sample and dropping things on it, it did get dings and some knicks we did not like that. The grandkids drop lots of hard things on our floors...all of their toy machinery is rapidly whisked across the floor. I could just imagine the tracks on wood. We have a wooden sitting room/entry and it does show some wear and tear now that the grandkids play in that area more. I have been very pleased with the tarkett and the adura by mannington that we looked at..villa stone was nice too. It was just difficult to find the right color in the other brands...We also looked at Armstrong...you name it we looked at it...Went to 8 stores and got every brand and every tile that we thought would work, but bringing them home in our light really changed the colors. It is so important to live with the choice for a day or so and view it in the daylight and evening. Then...make your final decision.
    I sure hope that the attached grout looks okay and does not seem too noticeable. We are doing a huge area. 533 sq. feet and I sure don't want mismatched grout lines.