Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matsii

Please Help! with carpet selection

matsii
10 years ago

Hi
I am really hoping someone could give me their advice!
The carpet I like from a GOOD retail store (I believe it is a Mohawk Floorscapes store) is a newer Mohawk Superstrand BUT it is also 50% P.E.T.Polyester. There were quite a few other choices of this 50/50 blend material at this store and I haven't been able to find anything out about how it compares with 100% Superstrand-which I like.
But -After I questioned the salesman about the the use of polyester-which is what Superstrand is supposed to be so much better than, the salesman assured me it is great and that each strand is part Superstrand and part good Poly.and it increases the look etc..
BUT they were also expensive. Only thing is- I love the color and it has subtle shading of lighter and darker color... not speckled but interesting looking.
The two samples I liked were Endless Opportunity in color Sunset Beach -a medium frieze loop style, not too thick, at $5.56/sq. ft.
I also liked On the Move from Mohawk which was a tighter pile and thicker at $6.15/Sq ft.
These prices include everything.
But I am really concerned about the quality... and paying a high price for something half Polyester!
I have about 1,400 square feet to do .
I also looked at Lowe's... good prices, but I am afraid of the install with all my steps and large area.
I also went to different carpet stores but No One else had this particular carpet I liked.
Any advice you can give would be sooo appreciated.
Thank you
(I already posted about this but was really hoping for more feedback...thanks)

Comments (6)