Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mag8848

How is Pergo XP from Home Depot?

mag8848
11 years ago

Hello, we have finally decided to get rid of a very old carpet and to install laminate flooring. We need over 2500 sq ft, so financially it is a major expense for us, and therefore I really want to make the right decision; We are considering Highland Hickory (Pergo XP from HD)- does anyone have any experience with this color (and with Pergo XP altogether)? Or perhaps you can recommend some other color? My concern is that Highland Hickory is little too dark, but on the other hand it has this nice, warm, rich color... Or local HD did not have any samples of Pergo XP Peruvian Mahogany, but maybe it is worth considering as well.. Please help - any feedback and pictures will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!!

Comments (5)

• gdeann
    11 years ago

We just had the highland hickory installed last month. We are very pleased with the product...not so much in the HD installation. They contract the work put and we had a few issues regarding workmanship. We will not be using the pergo transition pieces or floor board, we stained and varnished oak. I love the feel of the floor under my bare feet. It seems to be a great product. We had concerns with it being too dark, but as every day goes by, i like it more and more. Good luck!!!!

• mag8848
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much! Do you have stairs, and if so, did the HD contractors do your stairs as well? We were planning to take the advantage of their $399 full house installation special, but we were told that stairs cost extra.. Also, how did you match the stain? We have older oak baseboards and we are considering staining them... Thanks again!

• gdeann
    11 years ago

If you have a Sherwin Williams close by, take a small piece of your existing trim and a piece of the unfinished you plan to go with. They will custom match a drain for you using the backside of the new board. No stairs here other then one step up on one end of the kitchen. Can't really tell you now it will look. Still waiting for the guys to show up to do transition pieces...4 weeks later. The product seems great but I am less and less impressed with the flooring team here that Home Depot uses. I hope you have better luck with the install. When we checked into the special, it could only be used on certain laminates? D speci

• bluesbarby
    11 years ago

We just installed the highland hickory over the 4th of July, in our master bedroom (400sq feet) ourselves. It took two days, including prepping the floor installing new molding and the transitional pieces. It was surprisingly easy, although I had to make sure my DH adhered to the directions to the T. I love it so far.

• maries1120
    11 years ago

We were looking at this ut ended up changing to grouted Mannington Adura. When looking at the Pergo XP I went to the Pergo site. You can search for Pergo certified installers. I called one and he would have been $2 a SF and did quite a few installs for people that bought the HD Pergo.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts