Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellusionz

Concrete Flooring

ellusionz
9 years ago

Question for those familiar with getting interior flooring done for concrete. I have a bedroom approx. 283 sq ft currently with carpet. I'm trying to find the least expensive way to change carpet to something solid. Underneath they redid the concrete before putting the carpet 2 years ago (had to raise it since it was originally a carport turned into a room, other issues but good now) so figure it has to be in pretty good condition.

I got a quote from my painters to do it for 500 bucks to pull the carpet, smooth out whatever holes it made, move my furniture and use the tuff coat sealant since I have many pets.

Now what I'm wondering is since I've never had this type of flooring, am I to expect when they go to pull the carpet and if they just stain or paint or whatever they do, it'll be a rougher feeling like my new patio floor is? Should I be looking to smooth it out like I read about in some other posts? And does that cost a lot more?

Also the color, I know doing extra stuff costs more but anyone have samples pictures of what I should expect it to look like? I see lots of shiny ones when I google and doubt it'll be like that but want to know what to expect so I can pick colors correctly. And will it look solid or have some color variations due to the staining?

Thanks for any help y'all can give me.

Comment (1)