Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Different size wood planks?

Posted by Joe628 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 21:48

We are going to be redoing our kitchen and planning to lay down a wood floor. The room is connected to the dining room (there will be a peninsula in betwwen) and the plan is to take up the 2 1/4" flooring in the dining room and lay down 3 1/4" oak in the kitchen and the dining room. My problem is the rest of the house has 2 1/4 inch planks. When you first walk in the house a 7' wide tiled foyer separates the living room and dining room, I don't think it would be an issue there and I'm not worried about the 2nd floor. However there is a hallway (33" wide at entrance) that leads into the living room. The hallway has 2 1/4" planks which will be running the same exact way as the kitchen. Will it look bad to have the wider planks against the smaller ones? Any ideas how to transition or should I just stick with 2 1/4 throughout?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Different size wood planks?

You are the only person that is going to notice.

o
RE: Different size wood planks?

LOL, you sound like my wife, you're both probably right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here