Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
head seam on Smartstrand loop pile

Posted by jrs2831 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 18:19

I am replacing the carpet in our master bedroom with Smartstrand loop pile. We have the option of having having one side seam or, for $180 less because it uses less sq ft, the same side seam and then a head seam that will be 3' wide under the bed making a "T" with the side seam. The carpet store is recommending the more expensive option to avoid the head seam, but if it's under the bed I am thinking I might rather save $180. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: head seam on Smartstrand loop pile

loop carpet will always have a more noticeable seam than a cut pile cpt. Assuming you know the odds of it being noticeable and feel comfortable that it will be hidden than going with the less ydg will be ok for you. Lots of people used to seeing no 'seams' always get upset when buying loop cpt as it can be more visible but not a 'defect'. A good installer will always help but lots of time it has to do with how the light reflects across the seam or how you are looking at it.

o
RE: head seam on Smartstrand loop pile

If under the bed...save the 180 as it hurts nothing at all and it is being frugal in a tough economy. Just my opinion and a good installer many times can make a head seam look just as nice as a side seam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here