Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
XP from Baths: Uh-Oh, the tile is too tall!!

Posted by alku05 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 28, 11 at 17:50

So the carpet went in our master bedroom on Friday and it became obvious that the height of our bathroom tile combined with the backerboard is taller than the carpet edging. This means that we need to find some way of putting in a transition otherwise we're worried the tile edge will chip or become a toe-stubber over the years as the carpet wears, or at the very least, be a crud-catcher.

Floor guy and GC were here today and talking about getting samples of some rubber piece to use for the transition. I will try my best to reserve judgement until I see the samples, but plastic-y rubber between my carpet and tile seems like it would be uber tacky and cheap looking!

We can't be the first to have this problem, so I'm hoping there's better options out there than rubber. We've got white tile and beige carpet that are meeting up. I'm hoping for some miracle suggestions...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: XP from Baths: Uh-Oh, the tile is too tall!!

Marble Threshold is a possibility..Wood transition stained to match vanity or baseboard..another possibility...or double tack strips turned and pinned to allow fabric to flow over tile...could get baggy behind the strips with this theory though. No way..no way..now way do you use rubber track...absolutely a tacky non decor way of transitioning. Floor Guy and GC usually do not know all transition options or what is considered appropriate decor. Good Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here