Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to purchase

Posted by marjen (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 17:44

Hey All,

So I am looking to remove our disgusting rugs from the upstairs and replace with some kind of wood. Thinking engineered but might go bamboo. Anyway I am looking at where I should purchase, HD or Lowes? Directbuild? LL? Looking for internet purchase most likely. I need to avoid this place because everytime I think i know what I want I come here and read bad things about the floor or the company :) It cant all be bad can it??

I have bamboo in first floor, calibamboo. Not crazy about. Parts have held up well but It is terrible with any sort of water. Actually fine in kitchen so far, but by one door the finish is all coming up, so dont think I want to go with them again. But was thinking maybe bamboo just so the whole house was same species.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to purchase

A real flooring center, stay away from box stores and LL if you want a quality product. A good flooring center will provide the service your looking for at a reasonable price.

o

Well I am going to give direct build a try. I really like the look of the Jasper handscraped maple latte. engineered floor. So far CS has been great, they sent me a bunch of free samples with free overnight delivery. After I narrowed it down based on the samples they are letting me order a single box to check board straightness, color, length etc. So even though the website has a "minimum" order, they let me just get 1 box. I will see what the product looks like when it arrives.

FYI this is for a 2nd floor balcony/hallway and 2 kids rooms.

o

marjen, how old is your calibamboo and was it exposed to snowmelt/water in entry to sustain damage? Or why has it not held up? Fine all other places? I am looking into using calibamboo, so am looking for real life stories on how the flooring has held up/wears, so thankful to finally find one! Thanks for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here