Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flooring question posted in decor forum as well

Posted by arac21 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 17:08

Finally I have decided to replace my floors. My foyer entry area has marble floor and my kitchen has some white beigish dingy tiles both have broken tiles. Rest of the first floor is hardwood oak medium stain and we have oak trim. We have been slowly updating the house. With floors we debated between hardwood and tiles. However tiles won because of cost and no we will not do engineered/ vinyl.
Also when we do that, we are thinking of replacing the backsplash in the kitchen. Please see pictures of the granite and cabinet and trim.
Can you guys please suggest a tile that will look good with our trim and wood and granite which is too busy. Also if you can suggest some ideas for backsplash. I am very clumsy and need something that is not to high maintenance. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flooring question posted in decor forum as well

another photo showing trim and door

o

Can someone please help ? thanks so much

o
really !!!!

I am so surprised and disheartened that no one thought of helping me. I have always received so much information from this forum before may be I just got used to it.

o

I think you're asking too much. Considering that your taste may be far different from that of others, and that products others might like may not be available where you live, you're not giving people enough to work from.
I'd suggest you shop locally, borrow some samples, post the pictures then ask for opinions.

o

Just put in a nice, matching wood-look ceramic tile and sin no more.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here