Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardwood floor patching with wall on top of floor

Posted by JohnSullivan (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 13:59

Previous owners moved some walls around, put in tiny little pieces of hardwood and then carpeted. The new wall runs on top of the hardwood which runs into the next room.

Where the old wall was removed there is an entire run of 4.5 inch pieces patching the floor, and it is located about 2 inches from the wall. I would like to remove these and put in new flooring without having a line 2 inches away from the wall.

Is this possible? Is there a way I can put in the new boards in a way that they would go underneath the trim without removing that wall? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have some photos, but will have to wait until I can post them online, since I can't upload them here.

Thank you,
John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardwood floor patching with wall on top of floor

That is something a pro should do. Is it possible for you to do it. Yes. But unless you have wood experience its too much info to try to relay online.

o
RE: Hardwood floor patching with wall on top of floor

You remove the baseboard, cut through through the old floor using a special kick space saw (they an go flush to a wall), tear it out, and then you can go up to the wall with the new, and the ends will be concealed by the baseboard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here