Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardwood Floor and Hairspray

Posted by tuesday_2008 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 13:16

I will be renovating my bath later this summer and plan to install site finished red oak HW flooring, unstained, with semi-gloss oil base poly - 3 to 4 coats (like the rest of my house).

I currently have vinyl and have always had a problem with hairspray. It seems I can NEVER get it mopped entirely up. How will hairspray affect my wood floors? Meaning will it damage the finish, what is the best cleaner, etc? I will clean regularly - just looking for the best way to prevent build-up/damage.

I currently mop the rest of my floors with vinegar or Bona cleaner and a damp microfleece pad. I am not sure that will take care of the hairspray. I am not afraid of water on well poly'd wood floors (except of course major water disasters).

Tuesday

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardwood Floor and Hairspray

You sorta answered your own question. If its hard to clean the hairspray on the vinyl floor it will be MORE difficult to clean on the hardwood without hurting your poly finish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here