Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can You Identify This Parquet Flooring?

Posted by odiegirl13 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 21, 10 at 12:06

I am working on updating a 26 year old house. The existing flooring is a parquet flooring I have never seen before. I know I probably won't be able to find more of it still around but I thought I would try. Does anyone recognize this flooring?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can You Identify This Parquet Flooring?

Looks to be an engineered, 9x9", prefinished red oak, Hadden Hall pattern. You most likely will not find it but it could easily be made in small quantities from an engineered 2 1/4" strip floor of the same thickness.

o

I never thought of making it. Is Hadden Hall the manufacturer?

I also thought of just using a matching engineered strip. I guess the problem would be getting the correct color.

o
RE: Parquet

Ahh, so is Haddon Hall the pattern?

o

It is the pattern.

o

This looks like the 12 inch square parquet in our entryway. Our house was built in 1986. Did you ever find out who the mfg was? We are trying to find some more to extend the flooring to the adjoining room. Or trying to find some type of plank that will complement it for the adjoining room. One flooring person we talked to suggested using unfinished planks and refinish our parquet so both rooms match in color and finish.

o

As the previous poster suggests, this can be made from engineered flooring that will closely match your existing in color and sheen. Or, you can make it from unfinished engineered and stain and finish that to match. A very skilled hardwood floor professional ought to be able to do both.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here