Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concrete floors?

Posted by GoofyYno (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 12:01

I am redoing a indoor/outdoor area, putting in concrete floors. I want a blue, splotchy look. (textured on outside/ smooth and glossy on inside). is there any way to do the gloss where I don't have to wax every month or two? BTW, this will not be a DYI project. I have bids out to two contractors now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concrete floors?

We have stained concrete floors. My experience is that we have to rewax constantly. We used a hardcoat sealer, and waxed it as recommended here on GW. The floor looks fantastic, so long as no one uses it. EVERYTHING makes a visible scratch. And god forbid you sit in a chair on it -- the feet of the chair will rip it to shreds. And the saddest part is that those marks don't disappear with another wax. They stay visible until you strip and completely refinish the floor. We considered using a floor EPOXY to create a thick, hard surface, but I was told by a contractor that even those epoxies can mark. So now we're looking for some sort of tile covering. This will be our first major renovation after building the house 6 years ago. It's a BIG disappointment.

o
RE: Concrete floors?

Forget staining. Acid-etched is the way to go. Virtually indestructable and you can choose the colour/pattern you want. I'll try to post some links.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Lazarus/?action=view¤t=CIMG1015.jpg

Whoops...just had this one pic, but the entire house had concrete and it was complete with "grout lines" and looked like BIG tile..... I was impressed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here