Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florim Durango and Datile Ayers Rock

Posted by beeps (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 10:26

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone has done their floor in the Durango tile from Florim or Ayers Rock in Majestic Mound from Daltile http://products.daltile.com/series.cfm?series=368&c=2.

The pics of Ayers Rock are pretty horrible and I can't find any pics of the Majestic Mound actually installed so I'm just wondering if anyone on here has experience with it and what they think. Better yet if you have any pics you can post.

The Durango, I would be using either Silver or Taupe, I'm wondering about seeing too many patterns. It drives me a bit crazy to see the same tile over and over again, and I'm concerned about that with this tile. The Daltile tile has "reveal imaging" I think it was called so that is has fewer tiles that are similar.

Any pics or advice will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Durango

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florim Durango and Datile Ayers Rock

So from yesterday, if you are going with the Daltile Fudge waterfalls(hee hee)for the backsplash and the BA granite, I say the Durango Taupe would be a really great pairing so long as you can match a sample up to them all like we did yesterday.
Only thing I worry about with the Durango is that there is only one color, so the color in your cabinets may read oddly or not be captured at all and look out of place with one or both of them since there isn't the variety in shades and colors like in the Ayers Rock.
So, basically, my concern depending on what backsplash you go with, would be that the space would be too monochromatic. So if you have grey backsplash and the silver floor and the BA, then the brown from the cabinets would be missing in all elements except for the granite.

o
RE: Florim Durango and Datile Ayers Rock

Thanks Bahacca! Good points for me to think about. My designer loves, loves, loves the Ayers Rock and I'm just not sure. Will look at it again. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here