Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snookers1999

wwyd?????

snookers1999
9 years ago

So we are just starting the building process of our "Dream" home and hopefully our "Forever" Home.

We are trying to decide on our flooring so that we know how to coordinate our cabinets, paint, etc.

We would love hardwoods, but I just don't think we can afford it.

We started looking at engineered floors and liked some of the options we saw.

However, the other day we were at a local flooring company that has been highly rated by the community and we came across a laminate that we loved. It was the perfect color and had the hand scrapped and beveled edges we love. Also, I'm no pro, but I could hardly tell a difference between it and the engineered wood.

The laminate is called Brandon which is made by a company called Evoke. It is 12mm laminate. Lifetime warranty

The laminate is $2.99 sq. ft.

We also found a engineered wood we liked, It's called Wisteria and is made by Southwest Collection. I think it's birch, buy I'm not positive on that. It has a 50 year warranty.

The Engineered is $4.99 sq. ft.

The flooring will be put in our entire main level since our house is very open concept. The only rooms that won't have it in it are the bathrooms, laundry room, and mud room.

Having said all that, a good look throughout my home is very important to me, but if I can have a good look and save money at the same time, I'm all for it!

The Picture attached to this post is the Laminate from Evoke.