Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raineygirl_gw

Laminate floors in 2nd fl condo?

raineygirl
11 years ago

I'm thinking of replacing my carpet with laminate flooring in my condo. I am over somebody and wonder about the noise factor. I'm sure this has improved but was wondering if anybody has any issues with this? My carpet is shot and I have animals and just think it would be so much easier for me when I do clean ups from my cats getting sick, etc. With carpet, it's much harder to keep it looking nice and clean. Lots of people recommend laminate flooring and I'm seriously considering it.

Is there anyway you can make it more sound proof by adding something to the sub-floor? Just curious; I'm thinking about my neighbor downstairs. Also, anybody out there have any comments to make on this type of flooring? I have no idea where to shop for the best deals and what to look for. Another concern was...I have a fireplace that is almost like a wrap around to the corner side. Odd shape and has tile around it. Most neighbors here have just taken the tile out and had the flooring go directly up to the fireplace. I'm not sure that's a good idea. Any thoughts on that? Our condos are shaped funny where the fireplace is...almost on a diagonal angle.

Okay, any thoughts and comments are certainly welcomed!

Thanks,

Comments (5)