Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile that looks like wood

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 8:24

I am considering tile that looks like wood for my lanai. Would anyone have this in their home and care to share their thoughts on it and photos?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile that looks like wood

The link below discusses it and has some pics. I'm not sure if the member who posted the pics checks in here regularly or not though.

I've recently started to think I might like the wood look tiles in my living room, since I have a dog, and because of the ease of maintenance. I haven't started shopping for the tile though and would have to see it 'in person' before actually buying any.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Porcelain tiles that look like wood

o

I have a wood look tile throughout my main living areas. It is SUCH a breeze to maintain. I am in the tile business so of course my opinion is biased. But I also have wood floors in the bedrooms. Here's my take on it:

Nothing can compare to the look and feel of natural wood. Wood is warmer, it scratches, it dings, and generally is cheaper than tile.

Tile on the other hand is hard, cold (which in the summer can be nice), more expensive, and then there's the issue of grout. It does not scuff, scratch, ding, stain, and is waterproof. It is also harder to install, and can break, especially if not installed properly.

For me, It was about piece of mind. I don't have to stress about walking gently. I can drag furniture, I can drop things, I can be as messy as I want, and I can clean my floors with anything I want. I don't have to worry about guests and their shoes. And I don't have to worry about the dog.

Here are a few photos, the house is not done yet, and the floor and grout are still very dusty...

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

twn85 your floors look great! Would you mind sharing what brand / color they are? Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here