Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Armstrong Alterna

Posted by handygirl49 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 11 at 7:57

Has anyone had this installed recently? We need to replace our very old, worn wood floor in the kitchen and saw this product at the showroom. It looks fantastic but it seems quite pricey. I hesitate to use tile because I don't want the maintenence of grout. The grout used with this product isn't as porous and the tile isn't as cold/hard as ceramic. Any feedback is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Armstrong Alterna

We are in the process of a kitchen remodel and will be having the Alterna tile installed. I will post back in several weeks and tell you how it went.
We loved what we saw in the flooring store, and our KD was familiar with the product from feedback his clients gave. The installation is different from other tile. Instructions on Armstrong's website go over all the specifications so you can read them in advance of purchase. We're told it's a little more difficult to install, a breeze to maintain, cleans up easily with Once and Done floor cleaner and that it looks beautiful. We saw some installed and were amazed how much it looks like stone tile. Bring samples home to see how the styles and colors look in your environment at various times of the day. The fact that it's groutable and easier on the feet really cinched it for us. You can google Alterna for better pricing. Have fun with your choices. Send me a message if you have specific questions.

o

This is a Luxury Vinyl Tile that is groutable. Similar to Mannington Adura, Nafco or Novalis CasaBella. The upkeep is simple with none of the drawbacks of real ceramic tile. Good Luck

o

We have been living with it for 2 years and couldn't be happier!

I was hesitant but am happy with the choice. It has stood up to a very active toddler's lifestyle all day/everyday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here