Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
marble saddle threshold width

Posted by Grandview33 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 6:34

most of the floor is oak hardwood and a few rooms are tiled so i'll be using marble saddles where they transition. Not sure what size width to choose, walls are standard 4 1/2, doors are 1 3/8. Not sure if my ideas make sense or not, I'll use a bathroom as an example. If you have hardwood floors leading up to a bathroom (or any room with tile) and the door is closed, should you see the marble saddle protruding into the room with the wood floors? The wood and tile floors are very close in height. I figure 1 3/8 is too narrow, most sizes seem to be 2" or 4 - 4 1/2", so I'm probably either going to go with 2" or 4 1/2".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: marble saddle threshold width

4 1/2" is what I generally use. With the door closed, the threshold should be equally centered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here