Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
who loves their porcelain wood tile floors?

Posted by newskilz (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 6:27

We are redoing our kitchen and would like to use the PWT (porcelain wood tiles) I have seen amazing looking things now where the PWT really look real. My questions are since the price varies greatly $2-$16 sq ft besides the visual what should I look for in quality or a brand. Many of these tiles are European And I am just not sure.

I think I would be going for something in a darker brown or I could even do a weathered ash. The kitchen filters into the dinning room & living room. We will be redoing those hardwood floors and I would like to keep them to a similar shade as the kitchen.

What brand did you use and do you love it? SHOW PICTURES PLEASE.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: who loves their porcelain wood tile floors?

For about three bucks a foot, there are some good one's out there. If you're near a Lowe's store, many of them sell some quite decent ones. Find a colour you like and put two of them face-to-face and see if they appeared "bowed" in the middle. This is the most common issue with them. They need to be flat and I suggest you stagger them no more than a third each. This eliminates or at least minimizes "lippage."

o

We recently put the porcelain Wood tile in our house we love em. They turned out great. Ours are darker than the picture shows (the picture was taken with a lot of light and with a flash). The tiles are 6x24 and have a hand-scraped texture to them.

Things to consider, look for a very "true" tile or if it states "rectified" These tiles are notorious for being warped/cupped/bowed and if not laid correctly could show some lippage.

The tile that we bought although not "rectified" were very true, all the same width. The installers said they had never seen such true plank style tiles. The tile we bought also had a slight beveled edge which gives it more of a true "wood floor" look. The tiles were laid with a 1/16in. joint which if you do not have a "straight" tile will be a pain or nearly impossible.

Here is a link to the pics scroll down toward the bottom http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/flooring/msg030904385529.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood Look Tile

o

Thanks for the info. We finally placed our order for the kitchen tile. We went with Gazzini brand Echowood in ebony mocha. It was a little more then I wanted to spend but it looks amazing. And the color is gorgeous. I've seen the inexpensive $2.50 sq ft and they look awful to me. Except for swatse yours looks great but I never got such a low quote. You got lucky or live in a better location then I do! I'll post pictures. Thanks for the install heads up. I think 1/3 stagger is good.
Leslie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here