Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
macvirtualasst

Question for Varathane Oil Gloss users

macvirtualasst
11 years ago

Hi All,

We used Varathane oil based gloss on our red oak plank flooring and it looks beautiful. However, it has been about 2 weeks and to me, it does not seem 100% dry. We put a floor mat down and the fabric on the bottom of the mat left an imprint which we had to sand down and re-coat. It is supposed to be strong, but the Varathane at this point seems very delicate. We are about to move into this house soon and I am so worried what the floors will look like with the weight of the furniture on them. Pre-finished flooring seems a lot more durable at this point, but now it's too late. Granted, we only just got our HVAC system on a week ago (it's a new house) so the lack of moisture and humidity control could be what possibly delayed drying. Or I could just be over analyzing everything. The can says drying time is something like 24 hours or less, right? Just hoping it dries. Also, has anyone ever done a spot treatment on Varathane treated floors? We have a few areas that got hair trapped under and we have to sand down and re-do, etc. I don't want to forever have to take care of these floors...

Comments (3)