Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juno_barks

Help: NEW in-place solid hardwood floor problems

juno_barks
9 years ago

My maple flooring was installed over the past 2 weeks, and finished with Pall-X 325 (sealer) and PALL-X 96 (finish). I have several concerns and need to know if I am out of line.

1. Prior to install, husband and I replaced almost all the subfloor nails with screws, and made sure there were no squeaks. The new floor is very squeaky in two spots. This squeakiness seems to have just developed in the past day or so (finishing ended Thursday).

2. The final finish coat was missed in at least two areas, and they will return tomorrow to fix that. But if the light is just right, we can see that the entire finish is streaky in the direction of the wood planks. Is that normal?

3. I know that they used wood putty to cover the nail holes, etc, but there are still >10 sizable cracks between boards - is this normal? Business owner already rolled his eyes about it at me when I showed him two problem areas.

4. In a couple places, the floor does not feel even, and it seemed as if they carted off a lot of wood dust during the finishing process. I am now worrying about the sanding. Should I be, and if so, how might I check it?

Thank you so much, I clearly need a reality check, and don;t want to be an a-hole customer, but don't want a $13,000 problem floor.

Comments (2)