Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njmomesq

6x25 wood look floor tiles

njmomesq
11 years ago

I posted this on kitchens but figured this forum might yield me some useful info!

ACK...I need some design advice! My GC will be installing our flooring mid to late last week. I am 99% sure I have picked out what I want (it is in stock) but as with everything with this reno, I am suffering from some paralysis by analysis.

So....I was hoping some of the experts here would have some advice.... I will preface this by saying I wish I had pictures but I don't as I can't find the camera hookup amongst all the chaos. But, I will try to explain this as best I can:

My kitchen is your standard L shaped (smallish) kitchen about 10.5' wide x 16' long in a 1930s colonial. It is adjacent to a DR which flows into a formal living room. The LR and DR have lovely oak (orangish) hardwood floors. I don't want to refinish them to a darker stain and I don't want to put that flooring in the kitchen. The divider between the DR and Kitchen is a small arch....we are expanding it to about 7' so there will be a lot of adjacent flooring between the DR and kitchen. The DR flooring runs the width of that room.

I am thinking of laying dark 6x25 wood look tile in my new kitchen. I want to run it length wise so that it goes in the same direction as the longer kitchen wall. That would make the kitchen tile perpendicular to the DR wood planks. I don't want it to seem like we were trying to match the oak floor with the fake stuff hence the darker tiles, going perpendicular and wider at 6".

Flooring experts: I know it is difficult without pictures, but has anyone done something similar? Do you think this will look nice? Also, any advice as to a saddle/separator?

Thanks in advance for your time and any advice or photos you may have!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz