Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Somerset solid hardwood flooring, value collection

Posted by mary1218 (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 22:19

Looking at Somerset Hardwood flooring, 3 1/4" oak honey finish for my kitchen and dining area. The color I chose is the value collection. I was wondering if anyone has installed Somerset solid hardwood flooring and how is the product holding up. Thank you for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Somerset solid hardwood flooring, value collection

I'm also looking at Somerset flooring for my kitchen and would be interested in any responses as well.

o

My husband installed four rooms of Somerset Color Collection oak hardwood strip flooring about a year ago. It was recommended by our flooring salesman at an independent local store. He said Somerset is a fairly small company and they manufacture a consistently good product. He was right. We had only one unusable strip out of 2,000 s.f. The lengths were varied with a lot of long pieces. The Value Collection and Color Collection are similar. I believe the color choices are the same. The Value Collection has a bit more in the way of mineral marks and a bit more shading variation. Here in Michigan, we paid $3.59 to $3.99 per s.f., because of varying Somerset sale prices. My husband prepared the subfloor carefully to be sure it was flat, left expansion gaps as Somerset recommended, and he had no problems at all. It was just time consuming. The floors are beautiful. Good luck if you're still deciding.

o

I am leaning toward Somerset flooring color collection in gunstock. Are you happy with your choice? Do you have photos to share?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here