Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
opphop

Anyone with Mohawk SmartStrand Ultra in Grecian Column?

opphop
9 years ago

I'm ordering Mohawk Intelligent Style and am leaning toward Grecian Column which I would describe as a light greige. Does anyone have this and how does it look? The samples on the boards are so small that it's hard to tell what a roomful of it will look like.

Comments (2)

• roof35
    9 years ago

The color on how it looks, is dependent on the deco of the room. Take into consideration the color of _your_ walls & trim. If a bedroom does it go with the deco of _your_ bedspreads? If a living room, the deco of the furniture.

There's way too many variables. How it looks in my rec room, may not look good in _your_ rec room.

• cindallas
    9 years ago

Have you ordered anything yet? If not, where had you seen samples of this? Lowe's or a similar big box store by chance? They have the sample boards with all of the color samples on the other side that are VERY small indeed which are VERY difficult to tell individual colors from those samples. And even with them being so small they are right next to the other colors so it's hard to tell what 'yours' looks like. And Roof35 is so right that even if someone else had the color you are asking about, you need to see it in YOUR space with what you have.

I've had Mohawk Intelligent Style for several years now and it is great. So soft and easy to clean and Iove the subtle tone on tone colors within the fibers. Different times of day the subtle colors come out and looks different from the amount of natural light coming in, which is just what I wanted. I just love it!

If you go to a flooring speciality store that carries the Mohawk SmartStrand, they will have an entire selection of these larger samples (aprox 15" x 20"-24" or so) in all one big color sample. They will likely have this larger sample of the color you are interested in right on hand. You can even take home several that are similar to compare. Leave them in a spot for a few days ideally so you can see how the different lighting looks with everything. That should help you immensely!

And by the way, if they are short on any of the Intelligent Style color samples for any reason, there are two or three others styles that come in identical colors but are different weights (and thicknesses / ounces) and are called different style names. The place I got mine from did not have all the colors I was considering and I got some of the shorter pile (and less expensive) ones at first just for color and then they ordered that color sample in the Intelligent Style so I could see the right color and I ordered from that. It just took a few days. I know I would have made a mistake in the color if I had not done this step. Oh, and the big box store when I asked about ordering a larger sample or even a foot or one yard, said they could not do that. The flooring store does that all the time and is standard practice.

I also used the flooring store for the installation too and had a much better job than a previous bad experience with the big box store farmed out installers. It is really a grab bag and you never know what you're going to get. YMMV

Hope this helps you get the sample you need. Let us know your progress!