Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
us3r_gw

Engineered wood floors

Us3r
10 years ago

Hi. How are the Jasper hand scraped wood floors from builddirect.com? I already received the samples (which were delivered next day) and I'm really interested in the Jasper Harbors Collection - Handscraped Maple Engineered Maple - Indian Yellow. The sample passed the scratch, water, and dent test. Everything is good but not really sure how long it will last. It is made in China as well.

I'll be buying 700 - 750 sq ft for about $3000. This will be for the living room, hallway, and family room. Thanks in advance.

http://www.builddirect.com/Engineered-Hardwood-Floors/Maple---Indian-Yellow/ProductDisplay_8804_p1_10074819.aspx

Comments (14)

• gregmills_gw
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Id be wary about any product from china. They dont have the same quality control procedures that we have in the US. Yes the product is cheap and the sample which is not a sample from the actual 750 sq you bought passed the tests.

You may get lucky and be happy with you product. But think of this. What happens when you come up a bundle short or if half the product isnt as exactly as what you had thought? Now you need to deal with the headache of trying to get more from over seas.

Food for thought

• Us3r
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the response gregmills. The product ships from New Jersey. The brand is Jasper.

http://www.jasperflooring.com/index.htm

• brickeyee
    10 years ago

"ships from New Jersey"

Shipping has about zero to do with origination (manufacturing) of items.

• Us3r
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know that. I mean the product is near by so I don't have to wait long if something goes wrong.

• Spottythecat
    10 years ago

If you purchase from a reputable distributor, they should stand behind the product. They will usually order extra boxes in case any have boards where the color is off...

• live_wire_oak
    10 years ago

Better plan on over buying as a matter of course. The cull rate for crap products is pretty high. A lot of milling issues. What good does it do you to find something for $5 a square foot if you end up culling 40% of it? And then not having enough to finish? All of a sudden that $6.50 domestic product starts to look much better. At least you can go down to the local retailer for it and yell at them in person if you have an issue.

• Us3r
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My friend ordered about 1300 sq ft jasper handscrapped texas birch from them and it's been holding up well. I just ordered my second set of samples at no charge. I'm thinking of getting the hickory floors instead.

This post was edited by Us3r on Mon, May 6, 13 at 4:19

• GreenDesigns
    10 years ago

Registered and posted the same day and not posted in any other forum. Doesn't really seem to be interested in any of the replies to the question posed. Discounts opions that don't mesh with the message that's being attempted to be pushed. SPAM? Yeah. I'd bet on it.

• Us3r
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I can't decide between the maple floor (middle) and the hickory floors (lighter and darker colour).

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I like the middle floor the best and then the lighter floor on the left next. I do not care for the darker floor on the right. But this is just my taste.

• glennsfc
    10 years ago

"SPAM? Yeah. I'd bet on it."

It would be one way for those seeking free advertising to post and not get caught early on by the site owner and contributors.

I'd be curious to learn the location of the IP address...could prove to be a spammer or not related to Build Direct in any way. But that's up to the site owner to address.

This post was edited by glennsfc on Mon, May 13, 13 at 14:37

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Thank you Orangele for sharing your experience! I will be warned!

• pattyhurley
    7 years ago

WOW thanks so much for sharing!