Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
h-e-l-p!! slippery porcelain tile problem - etching solutions??

Posted by mimi89 (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 10 at 18:33

I finally found a beautiful,affordable, large-size (nothing smaller available) porcelain tile for our entry & bathroom floors, but unfortunately its texture is as slick as glass. There are various products ( Slipdoctors, Johnny Grip, Tile Grip Anti-Slip, etc.) that claim to create an anti-slip surface to tile. Most say their product is safe for human health, is applied with a brush & creates a light etching of the tile surface, providing better traction. If you have personally used such a nonslip product on porcelain tile, how did it work out? Was it effective & about how long did the non-slip quality last? How did it alter the look of the tile? Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: h-e-l-p!! slippery porcelain tile problem - etching solution

I have not personally used these products, but my good friend Nancy used Johnny Grip.
She put it on her tile a yr. or 2 ago and she still talks about how good its works.
I have only tested it once but I could defiantly tell when it was applied.
I dont know any thing else about the other people.

o

I am about to buy slippery porcelain for my front entrance and face the same dillema. The contractor told me it may be slippery, especially for little kids.
Mimi89, what did you decide?
Anyone else have additional feedback?

Thank you!

o

Shouldn't be a problem....as long as you aren't playin "Tag" in there....

o

This is an easy answer. I have tried many of the solutions out there and only slip doctors was effective on my kitchen floor. I had to return the others to get my money back.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slipdoctors link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here