Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help..how do we adhere transition piece to concrete??

Posted by slc2053 (My Page) on
Fri, May 29, 09 at 16:15

We have a concrete slab that we're putting carpet down in one area and we're putting down that "fiber floor" stuff in another area. Anyway, we want to stain a wood piece and use that as our transition piece between the materials.

What is the best way to adhere the wood transition piece of trim to the concrete slab?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help..how do we adhere transition piece to concrete??

PL premium or PL 400 .
get it at home depot or lowes .

Put some weight on it over night .

o

So you glue it down? I thought I'd have to nail or screw it to the floor. So I glue this to the carpet and to the vinyl (fiber) floor? I just want to be sure what to do..thanks!

o

If the trim piece you propose on using is drilled for screws, then you can attach it to the concrete after drilling the concrete and inserting the appropriate sleeve for the screws.

If the trim piece has no drilled holes, then what the previous poster has said about the PL400 is right on. You do not glue it to either the carpet or the vinyl floor, however...it gets glued to the concrete; the T molding type works very well here (looks like a T in cross section viewing).

o

If your using glue you have to pull the carpet side back. You then glue the transition piece directly to the clean concrete. A piece of tackstrip or Z-bar is used to restretch the carpet and trimmed back for a clean crisp appearance.

o

I'm in the same situation, i put down concrete floors and stained them myself. I did not think about transition pieces. Does anyone know what I can use.

o

Glennsfc is right on the money...read his post..You be happier screwing it to the floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here