Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exercise room flooring?...ro

Posted by babs711 (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 15:43

We are going to have a small exercise room in the home we're building. It will have a treadmill, some weights but will also be used for exercise DVD's (with impact), pilates, etc. What kind of flooring would be attractive, easy on the feet, yet not break the bank? I've searched and haven't come up with many options that weren't for commercial use. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exercise room flooring?...ro

Go for the commercial-use recycled rubber exercise flooring, such as what you find in gyms. Or, consider a cushioned residential sheet vinyl, sometimes called fiber floor, or a similar product.

o

The place I purchased my carpet from steered me toward a "30 year pad" under my wool berber. I have a treadmill, a bowflex, pilates machine and an inversion table, so some pretty heavy items. I didn't want the machines to permanently "dent" the carpet. I also do some aerobics in this room. All was installed over 90 year old hardwoods.

Fast forward to 6 years later, and I recently moved all the equipment around. I am amazed that there is no denting in the wool berber at all. Everyone who uses the exercise room always comments on how nice and plush it feels.

I bought mine at a local store that had remnants- my room is not very big and one remnant from both products did the trick. Total 6 years ago, less than $140.

o

I'm going to put cork in my wife's new exercise room. She mostly does exercise videos, step aerobics, stretching, pilates, and uses small dumbbells. I haven't decided whether glue down or click/floating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here