Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Karastan vs Shaw carpet

Posted by rlirwin (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 14 at 14:18

We are planning to buy new carpet in our living room (lightly used), hall, and master bedroom, and are trying to decide between Shaw Design Texture carpeting, and Karastan Windsor Luxury carpeting. Both are nylon, and both have good warranties, both have stain protection. However, I can't seem to find the specs for the Karastan - face weight, pile density, etc. The dealer doesn't have the specs, and the Mohawk technical line wouldn't give them to me. Does anyone know how to get them - or maybe someone has the specs. I guess the dealer could get them for me, but Karastan has a sale that ends tomorrow. Also, any opinion on the two brands would be useful. One last question. We are primarily interested in durability. The salesman at the Karastan dealer actually steered me away from products that were too "deep" saying that they would matt down sooner than a carpet with the same density, but shorter pile - does that sound reasonable. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Karastan vs Shaw carpet

Ok dear, I think you can search on google with right keyword.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here