Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laminates: Armstrong? Bruce? Does brand name matter?

Posted by pghgolfgirl (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 13:51

I need to purchase laminate flooring for my kitchen (about 100 sf). I've been told that laminate is one of those things that you really get what you pay for. Therefore, I've been looking at Armstrong (Barrel Oak L0231) and Bruce (Mahogany Natural L0127) laminate. Both are listed as "Best" performance and have a 30 year residential warranty. If it matters, the Barrel Oak has a "lock&fold" installation whereas the Mahogany has an "angle angle lock" installation method.

Can anyone comment on the quality and durability of Bruce and/or Armstrong laminate flooring? All responses greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laminates: Armstrong? Bruce? Does brand name matter?

Bruce is owned by Armstrong.

o
RE: Laminates: Armstrong? Bruce? Does brand name matter?

well, I have Armstrong down in the kitchen of my new place. I'm even thinking of keeping it - at least for a yr or so. It's been in at least 6 yrs - the place sat empty for about 5 of those yrs. There is a spot by the fridge that looks like a water spot -don't know what it is really and haven't tried to clean it up yet since I originally planned to just replace it.

It does still look good (except that spot). It is definitely better quality than the cheap laminate I bought for the back room (storage/crafts).

I just bought a mop the other day and plan to damp mop it a few times and see if it cleans up ok.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here