Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Allure Traffic Master Flooring

Posted by claga (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 12:44

Has anyone used the Traffic Master floating floor made by Allure and sold at Home Depot?
Pro's / Con's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Allure Traffic Master Flooring

I used it for the kitchen floor in my current 1500 sq ft ranch. It is not an expensive floor and it has a little bit of a cheap look to it. I used their white color which I don't think they sell any longer. It was more a grey color and never looks dirty. It was easy to install but you have to stick it right the first time, I found them difficult to separate and reposition.

I've had it down a year and it has held up well under two active dogs. Their claws made some marks in it initially but they didn't penetrate the surface at all and as I suspected, they no longer show now.

I've splilled a couple liquids on them and wiped them up with no problem. They are thin but for me they were the perfect height with subfoors to match the height of the hardwood I have in the rooms that adjoin the kitchen.

For an inexpensive floor they lay flat and look decent. They now have a commercial line you can order at HD that has some more interesting patterns and options and I would they would be more durable.

o

Couple photos

From Judy's New Kitchen

From Judy's New Kitchen

o

Thanks hags,
We are looking at the floating click together option to use on an enclosed porch over a crawl space in Maine.
We are hoping to find a floor that will hold up to the temperature and humidity changes.

Thanks again for your input and photo's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here